Friday, October 17, 2008

Confirmed spotting in Loch Ness

But not of Nessie, I'm afraid. No, I hear some members in my group actually have confirmed photos of America in Loch Ness.

I've been told that Loch Ness stays around 40 degrees (5 C) pretty much all year round. I can't really speak for the other 11 months, but I can say that in mid-October, the water was cold beyond belief.

I don't have the pictures on me right now, but I've seen them, and they'll be coming. I've even been told there's a video, tho I don't know how it turned out.

This trip has been taxing on my vocabulary. I've seen things that were more beautiful than I could describe, sites that absolutely take your breath away. Now I need a new word for "cold". You see, "cold" doesn't begin to describe what that water felt like. I've swam in cold water before, but my body still tingles 8 hours later from the 4 minute swim.

I got out of the water, and my body was on fire. I wasn't cold. No... I was burning up. I figure my nerve were so confused about what I had just done to them, they went cross-eyed. Once I finally started putting my layers on, I finally started to feel the cold air blow against me.

It took over an hour to really warm up from my very short swim. But... it was totally worth it. Again I'm calling out for any of you who would want to do a camping trip out here. I spoke with Colin, my Scottish tour guide, and he had some great suggestions. I bet we could even convince him to take a week off and take us on a private camping tour for a small price.

Ahhh, back in Castle Rock. I'm out. Talk to you all soon.

No comments: