In case you haven't noticed, my time in London has been a bit more low key. No going out late at night, and no partying. I think those nights in Edinburgh wore me out. (Jim, I know what you're gonna say, and I don't want to hear it. :) )
Greenwich... is beautiful. It's an old suburb. It feels a bit rough in some parts, but it's not bad. I've seen worse. Hell, I've lived in worse.
Eva had a few hours to kill before going to look at a flat, so she asked if I wanted to go for a walk to the park. I confessed that I actually hadn't seen any of Greenwich, so I said sure. Wow, what a park. It was absolutely beautiful. But, what I didn't realize at the time was that at the top of this massive hill, lies the official prime meridian.
I wish I'd have seen it. I didn't find out until actually the next day, when Nick from Australia asked me about it, and told me what was up there. (/facepalm... suddenly I remembered where I'd heard "Greenwich" before...)
Eva and I had tapas later that night. Quite good, but one doesn't come to London for tapas. It's a shame I'm not going through Spain. I would have loved to try an authentic tapas meal.
The tapas weren't anything to write home about (haha, I've been waiting to use that one), but the one unique thing about them was that they were all organic. The meatball was probably my personal favorite, followed by the chicken and then the mushrooms. Tapas rock...
No comments:
Post a Comment