My 2nd day in Paris would bring the hardest compromise I've had to make on this trip. This was the day that I would take a day trip to the Normandy beaches, and pay respect to one of the most important sites in American history.
Unfortunately, I was so ill I could barely move when my alarm(s) tried to get me out of bed at 7. I feel, however, that I made the proper choice in allowing myself to rest until noon.
One of the things I brought with me on this trip was my Underarmor cold gear that I use for snowboarding. This is a 2-piece high-tech long john that helped keep me warm at -11F (-24C for anyone not in America) when I was in Colorado. It's moisture wicking as well. This would serve as my base layer for my excursions into Paris.
Funniest thing about my trip so far: the entire time I was in Ireland, Scotland, and the UK, it didn't rain. Not once. The sun was out and shining the entire time. What makes it even more peculiar is that this notoriously rainy part of the world supposedly has suffered it's most anual recorded rainfall since the 40s.
Paris wasn't so nice. Paris was cold and wet. My underarmor layer worked wonderfully, keeping my sick body fairly protected from the elements. Two more layers on top of that, and I was well insulated.
I woke up with an eagerness to not let the day go to waste, so I made up my mind to visit to Louvre. I'm not much of an art critic, and I haven't visited too many museums in Europe, but I figure this is one of those places that is almost a requisite for any European traveler.
So, bundled up and metro map in hand, I proceeded to the Louvre.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment