I had breakfast with one of my friends, Kelly, from the hostel. She's from Australia. She was in Dublin looking for a job. She planned on moving out here for a year and getting some work in. Interestingly, I met another girl from Australia doing the exact same thing. I asked, and apparently it's a quite common thing to do.
Kelly had a trial interview the day before, and had told me that she had in fact gotten the job and was now looking for a place to stay. Congrats, Kelly!
I gave myself plenty of time to get to the airport. Since my old GSM phone gets no reception here, I picked up a Vodafon prepaid phone in case I needed it. Simple little deal.
There are these little kiosks everywhere where you can buy minutes for your phones. It's funny to me. You can stay pretty anonymous that way. This phone is in no way associated to me, and I have the option of registering it online if I wanted to go that route. Actually, I think I'm probably gonna go get it unlocked so I can put my T-Mobile SIM card in there. There are places all over here where you can get them unlocked. Either it's a touristy thing, or it's a European thing. I haven't quite figured it out yet.
Arriving in Edinburgh... wow. The hostel is short hike from the central station where the bus dropped me off, but it's QUITE a bit hillier than Dublin was. Carrying all of my luggage wasn't fun, but the view was amazing. I must have stopped 20 times to take pictures of the area.
Cockburn St. Absolute beautiful place. Notice how it's always overcast in my pictures?
I found my way to the hostel, and wow. I posted on the view from the place, but isn't it amazing?
After checking in to the hostel, I went to a local bistro and had lamp chops and a local whisky. (Notice the lack of an 'e'). Again, wow. I really lack the vocabulary to do either of them justice, but just know that they were unbelievable.
There's a picture of a black board here at the hostel that had a listing of local events. I noticed AC/BC, an AC/DC tribute band was playing a Bongo. So I decided to get directions, and go check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment