Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Itinerary

Day: 1
Location: Raleigh / New York City

Itinerary
I don't have one. :) I wanted to keep my trip as open as possible. As such, I only have a list of cities I want to travel to, and a train pass just good enough to get to and from most of them. But as of right now, I've got the next week pretty much planned out.

Day 2 - Land in Dublin around 9am local time.
Day 3 - Dublin
Day 4 - Morning in Dublin, fly to Edinburgh in the afternoon.
Day 5 - Edinburgh
Day 6 - Train to London
Day 7 - London

From there it gets flexible. The places I'd like to visit are:
Paris, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Berlin, Krakow, Prague, Rome, and Lisbon.

Weird list? Yeah, probably. Will I see it all? Who knows. I've got 5 weeks. At the moment the only “absolutes” I have to deal with are:
Sept 20 (Day 4) - Fly to Edinburgh
Oct 20 (Day 34) - Fly from Dublin home

I haven't quite figured out how I'm gonna make it back to Dublin, but I'm sure I'll have a better idea in a few weeks once I get into my travel groove. I'm not spending a long time in Dublin initially, because I'll probably end up spending a day or so there at the end of my trip. The train to London isn't booked, so I may stay another day or so in Edinburgh. We'll see.

I've got my fingers crossed that I'll have decent enough access to an Internet connection so I can continue to plan my trip while I'm in Europe.

No comments: