OK, I know most of you all who will read this are not miniature geeks. Nick and Brenda, if you're reading this, then this is for you.
The GW store was awesome. I took quite a few pictures of the inside, but this place was stocked floor to ceiling. Most of the space was dedicated to Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, but the back wall was full of their Lord of the Rings mini line. They even had a Mines or Moria battle that set up that I managed a few shots of (I hope they come out well enough).
They had a bunch of painting stations set up in the middle of the store. The guy in the store said that they hold workshops, and some people will just come in and hang out for the day and paint.
I talked to him a bit about GW, and he gave me some awesome insight. He said that there are 128 GW (I think?) stores in the UK. GW apparently is planning to really hit America aggressively, hoping to have 10 stores in every state by 2020. I told him if GW could attack the short attention spans of Americans, then I'm all for it.
Think for a second how big the UK is. If you don't know, it's TINY. I think he said there's like 9 million people total who live here? 128 stores for that?! Dude...
He also told me of the main GW store in Nottingham, London. Apparently you can tour where they make the minis and everything else that is part of their production. (That's been added to the list... oh yeah, I'm a geek)
He also gave me a limited production mini limited to the UK. I've got it in my locker upstairs, so I'll send some more info later.
One final note, this guy apparently DJ's a club on Wednesday nights here in Dublin playing metal and industrial. Hmm... If I'm still in Edinburgh Wed night, I may have to go. (I know... I'm sorry Jim, I won't miss your show when I get back)
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Travel all the way across the pond to eat at pizza hut and listen to some guy play metal and industrial?
WTH???
Some people don't get why I go to 'American' restaraunts overseas. It's because the sushi in McDonalds in Japan is AWESOME.
It's just to see what they have different there than we do.
I don't eat exclusively there I'll always go into one place just to see how different the menu is.
I always prefer the unbeaten path to a 'greasy spoon' in an alley somewhere to get a true sense of the local cuisine.
Post a Comment