Friday, September 26, 2008

Haggis!


So yes, I did it. Well, I didn't order a full on meal, but I did try it. Logan wanted to try it before he left, so he, Stéphane, and I went out to find some.

Logan ordered, I got some pork something or other (wasn't great). Stéphane got a really interesting salad that he seemed to enjoy. But the haggis... it wasn't bad. I honestly don't see what all of the fuss is about. My tour guide the other day called it an "honest hot dog". But seriously, if you've ever eaten a hot dog, then you're probably not trying anything new with haggis. The taste reminded me of breakfast sausage patties back home. It was a similar flavor. I wasn't expecting the mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes on top, but it wasn't bad.

I'd eat it again.

3 comments:

Ryan P. said...

That's awesome. Everytime I hear about haggis, I think of the Simpsons episode where Willie is selling haggis out of the fair booth.

Unknown said...

See, I think of the movie Highlander where the question is asked:

Haggis? what is Haggis?

Its sheep's stomach stuffed with meat and barley!

Well what do you do with it?

You eat it!

How revolting!

Travis said...

Ok, so what is it sitting in?