Monday, September 22, 2008

Day 6: Pizza Hut!!

Jeez, every day is a story so far. I figure it'll die down here soon. I'm really in love with Edinburgh, tho.

So my experience with the Guinness got me thinking... I wonder what American food tastes like over here. If you'll notice in my pictures, I had a sugar Coke yesterday. No HFCS in this one, baby!

Well, I'm not going to sink low enough to go to McDonalds, but I decided to try out something equally American... Pizza Hut. BTW, that link is a link to this actual Pizza Hut's site. Go check it out. I belive they have their menu online, if you can't make out my picture of it very well.

No, this wasn't some cheap excuse to do something comfortable. If that was the case, I wouldn't have ordered the pizza I did... :-D

Now, I'm first going to say that this was the NICEST Pizza Hut I have ever been in... period. I mean, this place was freakin' classy.

Craig, my waiter, was really awesome. I, of course, chatted him up about a the place. He said Pizza Hut is quite popular here with the locals. My drink was an Irish cider named Magner's. Apparently cider (apple, pear, etc) is quite popular here as an alternative to beer. They even sold it on tap at the club the night before.

I'm surprised this stuff isn't more popular back home. It's very sweet (which we American's seem to like), and of course, it's alcoholic. (More after pictures...)




So, my appetizer were this tortilla wrapped chicken and onion rolls called Chicken Spin Rolls. What can I say? I loved em. I ate a few, and put the rest in the fridge here. The pizza was the "Hot and Spicy", which had chorizo, jalapenos, Tabasco sauce (Mcilhenny!!!) in the sauce. It was spicy. This was the "Italian" crust. It was certainly spicy, and much better quality wise than what I've had from PH back in the states. I liked it.

So far I'm a little upset. Our American treats are even better overseas... After lunch, I walked over the Games Workshop...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't feel bad, when I was in Europe I did manage to make it to a Mc Donald's....it was something about being on the road for 6 weeks and not having had a single transfat the whole time...I HAD to do it...besides, nothing makes a Big Mac better than a beer.